Monday, February 25, 2008

I Really Don't Know Clouds

I can see both sides of the Diablo Cody/Juno debate.

The first 15 minutes were overwritten to the nth degree. But the rest had heart and personality to spare. I understand that Diablo has the greatest inherent gift for self-marketing since Spike Lee. And I feel very sorry for all the readers in Hollywood who are going to spend the next year getting slapped with Cody-esque quips like "that's one doodle that can't be undid."

But last night, she showed up with a tattoo that couldn't be missed, and a history of taking her clothes off in public. She made writers seem cool.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Juno is like literature, full of language that calls attention to itself and it works, like Tarantino's voice works. (That's who she reminds me of.) But yes, I do pity the underpaid, overworked readers who are going to get hit over the head by the Homeskillet dialect.

Dave said...

I totally agree. It does work for me, but I did have to get past the first few minutes.