Friday, December 14, 2007

Because The World Needs Another Screenwriting Blog

I'm a writer, and I'm on strike. And do you know what writers do when they're on strike? They write.

I'm not writing screenplays, but I'm writing. I've written a book proposal. I've written letters to the editor. I've written songs that make the young girls cry. I've started writing prescriptions.

Then it dawned on me – what the world really needs is another blog. So here's what I bring to the table: I'm a screenwriter who has sold, done rewrite work, and been rewritten. But I have not had anything produced. Yet. I'm like that AAA ballplayer, getting paid but still riding the bus.

I started from scratch with no connections, no uncle in the business -- armed only with an unwavering desire to sleep my way to the top. So, if you're looking for the perspective of someone who's crashed the gate and is climbing over the broken bodies of the Hollywood heap, then I might be your guy.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

No comments: