Saturday, January 24, 2009

a poignant rememberance

I'm a little slow with my year in review, but that's because I was having trouble even thinking about that year. The one between 2007 and 2009. The one I won't speak to directly. The one I will only address in the third person even when it's in the room.

But I'm past that now. I've come to terms with that year. Part of the healing process was starting to refer to that year by my own little pet name for it. Fucktard. Cute little fucktard.

From here on out it will go something like this: Michael Phelps won who-knows-how-many gold medals in the fucktard summer Olympics. Or, remember when Tina Fey took over the world, oh yeah, that was back in fucktard.

If it hadn't been for the Obama election I would have enlisted an extension cord to make sure the toaster reached the bath tub.

BUT, one awesome thing about fucktard was that, musically, I was in sixth grade again. Nothing but singles. I'm not sure I bought a CD.

So, in no particular order, the 12 best singles of fucktard.

Sigur Ros - Inni Mer Syngur Vitleysingur

Tokyo Police Club - Your English Is Good Yeah

Passion Pit - Sleepy Head


Hold Steady - Sequestered In Memphis

MGMT - Time To Pretend

Pela - Lonesome Hearts (the Cassettes Won't Listen Remix)

Frightened Rabbit - Head Rolls Off

The Soft Pack (formerly The Muslims) - Bright Side

Delta Spirit - Motivation

Air France - No Excuses

Born Ruffians - Hummingbird

1 comment:

Ron Sober said...

On the good side of things. There is plenty of wine to be sold to those both celebrating and drowning their sorrows. And, there will be a global drive towards the diversion we call The Movies.

Here is to a fantastic "this year", without the headaches and pains of that year.

Starting things off...My favorite single this year (althoug it came out last year...I only discovered it this year)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0E8MWb3hgo